Friday, November 4, 2011

Ahh, gaming again...

     I feel rather like The Rock with his whole "Once again, the Rock has come back to <insert city here>..." speech. I must say, it is good to be back. While I was away I took a look at my mercs and I decided that just because I like neither their theme lists nor the searforge contract in general, that shouldn't keep me from playing my Dwarves in Warmachine!
     So, I got a game in this last weekend with a buddy of mine so he could try out his shiny new Menoth from the 2 player starter. I thought my list was pretty decent and we didn't quite finish out the game due to time constraints, but it was definitely shaping up as a loss for me ...


35 points
Durgen Madhammer +6
 - Grundback Blaster - 3
 - Grundback Gunner - 3
 - Grundback Gunner - 3

Alexia Ciannor & the Risen - 5
Hammerfall High Shields x6 - 5
Hammerfall High Shields x6 - 5
Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - 2
Ogrun Bokur - 3
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - 2
Thor Steinhammer - 2
 - Wroughthammer Rockram - 8

The things I learned from this game are:
1 - Blast is great against high def, not high armor, even with Bombs Away.
2 - I really need a good melee unit. I'm going to pick up the horgenhold forge guard for Rhupert to Toughen up.
3 - Don't prime the Risen when there's a crossbow-wielding examplar unit across from them and you don't have enough of a charge to get there. Seriously, it's like walking up to your opponent with a grenade in hand and just handing them the pin.
4 - Give Madhammer the Rockram. He needs something to Redline.
5 - Sprays are Great! One blaster was good. 2 would have been even better.
6 - I think I need a Basher. Even though I'd really like an Avalancher, The little special olympics rhulic jack is just too good not to use one.

All that aside, it was a fun game and there were blast templates Everywhere.

I also have a new battlecry: Durka Durgen Madhammer Jihad! 

Time to order some new custom dice for my Rhulic Terrorist - ☪

No comments: