Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Really gotta work on that

Been a while since I've been able to put pen to paper, or fingers to keys as it were. As a wise man once said,"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't slow down and look around, you might miss it." I've been under a self-inflicted sort of radio silence recently; keeping my head down and just plodding along with blinders on making sure I just get-by. Not too fair to anyone involved and not really all that entertaining. Never fear, it's not like there hasn't been fun, bright spots and sunshine and rainbows along the way, I just haven't been actively seeking them out.

     So, I wrote that post-intro about 2 weeks ago now and in the interim have been out and socializing. Had dinner with some folks that we see once a month or so. Got some gaming in with the usual suspects, most of whom I hadn't seen in about a month and had dinner with a close friend of the family. Got to ooh and ahh over a buddy's new baby and have put in a couple of 50+ hour work weeks. So yes, it can be done.
     What I haven't been able to do is to work on much in the way of gaming. Video gaming, yes, but pen and paper, or tabletop, nope. So, with my new laptop in hand, some spare time in the evenings and the wealth of info coming from Privateer on their weekly Friday special content deliveries, I'm planning a special new adventure for my band of intrepid adventurers.


* Looks like at the time of this writing, the copyright for Ferris Bueller's Day Off is held by Paramount, so that's their picture up there, not mine. But hey, you've seen the movie right, you knew that Matthew Broderick and wasn't me =).

No comments: