Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Alamo Bound - Painting in progress

4 short days till I'm throwing dice with my Space Wolves on the table. I've just got a few things left to do with my army paint-wise and then I'll consider them complete as far as I'm concerned.
The group so far:
 I've got some weapon hafts to paint black. Several minis have leather straps and some have pouches (usually in place to cover a join) that need some snakebite leather applied. Everyone has fur, hair and eyes to be completed still as well. Overall I'm really happy with how the colors are coming together and I'm hopeful the outcome will look in person like it does in my head. Of course, I still have a Land Raider, 2 Rhinos and 2 Dreads to paint in addition to finishing up these guy but vehicles are easy because they're large, right? Right?
I've got a number of runes throughout the army like those on the Wolf Guard's shields that I'll be picking out with an older metallic blue from the GW line. I used it on the armor of my painted Rune Priest at the bottom of this post and am quite please with the result. Once I'm done with the remaining details, I'll hit every model with a black wash and hopefully they'll all come out like Mr. Rune Priest here.

No comments: