Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Alamo Bound - List Complete and submitted

It is upon us...
With just 2 short weeks left before the Alamo GT, we've reached the deadline for list submission. I haven't actually been able to get any games in with this list, but I think I'm going to enjoy running it. I have some time to get a few games in now before the tournament and will be scrambling to get that done while I scramble to get my figs painted as well.
But the hardest parts are out of the way: List and model assembly.

 As of last night around midnight, I'm 100% assembled. Oh sure, the figs are all still sticky-tac'd to temp bases so I can paint them up before I put them on the snow bases I painted up for them, but I don't consider that an assembly step so much as a finalization of the painting phase. With primary assembly complete and the list in good order, I'm moving on to priming tonight and painting the rest of this week. As the sun is out and the weather man says we should be in the 70s all day, I should have no problems getting a good basecoat on the figs.
As far as the list goes, I agonized over what to bring, and what to drop and how to make everything I wanted fit into the allotted 2000 points and I think I've finally done just that. So here, without further ado is, the list:

HQ
Wolf Lord - 225pts
--Belt of Russ, Runic Armor, Wolf Claw x2, Saga of the Bear, Wolf Tail
Rune Priest 1 - 110pts
--Chooser of the slain, Storm Caller, Fury of the Wolf Spirits
Rune Priest 2 - 170pts
--Chooser of the Slain, Master of Runes, Saga of the Beastslayer, Storm Caller, Living Lightning

Elite
Wolf Guard x3 - 194pts
--Wolf Guard 1 - Thunder hammer, Storm Shield
--Wolf Guard 2 and 3 - Frost Axe, Storm Shield
Dreadnought 1 - 130pts
--Wolf Tail, Twin-Linked Autocannon x2
Dreadnought 2 - 145pts
--Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher

Heavy Support
Long Fangs x6 - 140pts
--Missile Launcher x5
Land Raider Crusader - 260pts
--Multi-Melta

Troops
Grey Hunters x 10 - 195 pts
--Meltagun x2, Power Weapon x1, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard
Grey Hunters x 9 - 215 pts
--Meltagun x1, Power Weapon x1, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino
Grey Hunters x 9 - 215 pts
--Meltagun x1, Power Weapon x1, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino

Total - 1999pts

So my plan is to run the Wolf Lord and Rune Priest 1 with the TH Wolf Guard and the 10man Grey Hunters in the Land Raider providing a mobile psyker defense and Storm Caller bubble for the 2 rhinos. The 2 rhinos will carry the other grey hunter squads and their Wolf Guard sergeants.
Rune Priest 2 will stand back with the long fangs and the las/missile dread providing storm caller for them and blasting light vehicles or monstrous creatures with lightning. With a BS5 and rerolls of misses against MCs and people with T5, I'm hoping he will be fairly effective in his newly assigned role. And if need be, he can shoot walkers too. Dreads and Defilers are glanced on a 5, pen'd on a 6, so it's still possible but I'd rather be rolling 2 to hit and 2 to wound with him.

No comments: